Is Aloe Vera dangerous?
It can be - especially if you use the wrong variety or if you try injecting it (some people have died through the injection method). Make sure you are using Aloe Barbadensis Miller - most commercial products are made from this.
Avoid the outer skin or using the 'Whole Leaf'. The rind is highly toxic and is the plants natural defence against being eaten in the wild!
Do not drink large amounts of Aloe straight away. It cleans the digestive tract and so may have a laxative effect is large quantities until your body is used to it.
Do not drink/use Aloe if you are pregnant and you have never drunk Aloe before. See Who can use Aloe Vera
Other Aloe Vera related questions:
- Can Aloe Vera help me loose weight?
- Can animals take Aloe Vera?
- Can I use Aloe Vera for skin problems?
- Can you grow your own Aloe Vera?
- Can you take Aloe Vera if you are on medication?
- How can i tell if my Aloe Vera drink is good quality?
- How long does it take for Aloe Vera to work?
- How much Aloe Vera should I drink?
- Is Aloe Vera a complementary or alternative medicine?
- Is Aloe Vera dangerous?
- Is Aloe Vera just quackery?
- Is Aloe Vera medicinal?
- Should I boil Aloe Vera juice or gel before drinking it?
- Should you refrigerate aloe vera juice?
- What are the uses of Aloe Vera?
- What is the difference between Aloe Vera gel and Aloe Vera juice?
- Where can you buy Aloe Vera leaves?
- Where can you buy Aloe Vera?
- Where can you buy an Aloe Vera plant?
- Why don't doctors prescribe Aloe Vera