Where can you buy Aloe Vera leaves?
Many people do not buy a brand or juice or lotion, they buy the actual leaf, skin it and make their own products from the gel inside. Ultimately this is the best solution for the purest gel.
Leaves suitable for making juices
Being able to buy fresh leaves depends greatly on where you live. Remember leaves that contain gel which is suitable for drinking should be:
- From the Aloe Barbadensis Miller variety of Aloe Vera.
- From a plant that is three to five years old
These leaves will be about 2 feet / 60 centimeters long.
The Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia
In these regions Aloe Vera grows naturally and so it is often found for sale on markets or in grocery stores. If yours does not stock them ask the owner, he or she may be able to source them from his or her wholesaler.
North USA and Canada
Your local grocery store may be able to source vacum packed aloe vera leaves. These are not quite as fresh but the packing process stops the gel in the leaf being exposed to air, oxidizing and losing its potency.
Europe and Russia
It's much harder to get hold of Aloe Vera leaves in these regions as even vacum packed leaves have a short shelf life and few wholesalers have experimented with importing.
Leaves suitable for applying to the skin
Smaller Aloe Vera pot plants that can go on your window sill are popular world wide as the ends of the leaves can be broken off and the gel squeezed out to treat cuts, wounds and burns.
You'll find these in most gardening centers or markets even in climates where the plant would not survive outdoors.
Caring for your Aloe Vera pot plant
The following is recommended care for pot plants:
- Keep them in a sunny location
- Do not let the plant be exposed to frost
- In summer weather, if possible, place the plant outside in a windy location to help strengthen the leaves.
Other Aloe Vera related questions:
- Can Aloe Vera help me loose weight?
- Can animals take Aloe Vera?
- Can I use Aloe Vera for skin problems?
- Can you grow your own Aloe Vera?
- Can you take Aloe Vera if you are on medication?
- How can i tell if my Aloe Vera drink is good quality?
- How long does it take for Aloe Vera to work?
- How much Aloe Vera should I drink?
- Is Aloe Vera a complementary or alternative medicine?
- Is Aloe Vera dangerous?
- Is Aloe Vera just quackery?
- Is Aloe Vera medicinal?
- Should I boil Aloe Vera juice or gel before drinking it?
- Should you refrigerate aloe vera juice?
- What are the uses of Aloe Vera?
- What is the difference between Aloe Vera gel and Aloe Vera juice?
- Where can you buy Aloe Vera leaves?
- Where can you buy Aloe Vera?
- Where can you buy an Aloe Vera plant?
- Why don't doctors prescribe Aloe Vera