Can Aloe Vera cure, help, treat or prevent Dry Skin?
The following information is for humans with Dry Skin
Introduction to Dry Skin
Usually most obvious on the hands and face, especially during winter. The skin is cracked , wrinkled, ashen or whitish and cells flake off excessively
Dry Skin can be caused by a number of factors:
- A lack of Vitamins A, E and D
- Not drinking enough water
- Working in a dry environment (including excessive flying where the air is short of moisture)
Using Aloe Vera for Dry Skin
Be sure to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and make sure the diet is balanced with plenty of vegetables. Use an Aloe Gelly on the skin where Aloe Vera Gel is the number one ingredient
WHY? Aloe Vera penetrates the skin much further than synthetic creams and works by moisturising where the body is actually making the skin cells, not on the outside where the cells are already dead. Aloe is also rich in Vitamins A & E
If the skin is very dry use a cream where Aloe Vera is the number one ingredient but that also contains NATURAL vitamin E & A and collagen
WHY? Collagen is the natural elastic in the skin. When damaged it cannot pull the skin back correctly and wrinkles or stretch marks occur.
Drink a pure Aloe Vera Gel every day (1-2 tablespoons 30 minutes before breakfast and last thing at night).
WHY? Aloe inside the body will cleanse the digestive system, allowing the sufferer to absorb more vitamins necessary to create healthy skin. It will also provide Vitamins A & E to boost the bodys own skin cell manufacturing process
In extreme cases Beta carotene supplements should be taken daily
WHY? Beta Carotene is the natural, easy to digest, substance required by the body to create Vitamin A
How long will it take for Aloe Vera to work with Dry Skin?
Allow 14 days to see any improvement (depending on the quality of Aloe used and overall level of health) which will then gradually increase. Allow about 1 month for every year of dry skin and ensure a balanced diet with plenty of water
Tell us what you know!
Aloe Vera for
- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner. Self Diagnosis can be extremely dangerous as many serious conditions can mimic more simple ones. If you are not satisfied with the results from one doctor, be confident and ask for a second opinion. Doctors are only human, their knowledge cannot be all-encompassing and we all make mistakes.
- Make sure you have read the pages on Aloe Vera side effects, who can use Aloe Vera and good quality Aloe Vera first.
- If you are currently on medication or undergoing medical treatment consult your doctor first.