Can Aloe Vera cure, help, treat or prevent Gout?
The following information is for humans with Gout
Introduction to Gout
Gout is a form of arthritis that occurs mainly in the hands and leg joints.
The cause is an imbalance in the metabolic system where there is an excess of uric acid in the blood. The salt deposits from this acid irritate the tissues in the joints which then become inflamed and cause pain
Note that like arthritis it is not the ailment that causes the pain but the inflammation.
Main causes include obesity, excessive consumption of red meat, fat, beer and wine
Using Aloe Vera for Gout
A three pronged approach should be taken with gout:-
1) To reduce the inflammation drink a high quality Aloe Vera Gel and plenty of liquids.
WHY? - Aloe is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it will also provide a host of nutrients required by the body to return the balance.
2) If the sufferer is overweight start a weight loss programme, cut red meat, fat, beer, wine, white flour and sugar.
WHY? - This will remove some of the sources which exasperate the illness
3) As well as the Aloe Vera take supplements of vitamin A & E as well as minerals.
WHY? - To help provide the building blocks to take the body back to balance.
How long will it take for Aloe Vera to work with Gout?
Recovery time depends very much on the current diet, the weight and other ailments being suffered from. The other key factor will be the quality of product that you use.
As a very rough rule of thumb it will take one month for every year of the ailment suffered.
Tell us what you know!
Aloe Vera for
- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner. Self Diagnosis can be extremely dangerous as many serious conditions can mimic more simple ones. If you are not satisfied with the results from one doctor, be confident and ask for a second opinion. Doctors are only human, their knowledge cannot be all-encompassing and we all make mistakes.
- Make sure you have read the pages on Aloe Vera side effects, who can use Aloe Vera and good quality Aloe Vera first.
- If you are currently on medication or undergoing medical treatment consult your doctor first.