- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner...
- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner. Self Diagnosis can be extremely dangerous as many serious conditions can mimic more simple ones. If you are not satisfied with the results from one doctor, be confident and ask for a second opinion. Doctors are only human, their knowledge cannot be all-encompassing and we all make mistakes.
- Make sure you have read the pages on Aloe Vera side effects, who can use Aloe Vera and good quality Aloe Vera first.
- If you are currently on medication or undergoing medical treatment consult your doctor first.
Natural Alternative Remedy for Acne Scars
The following information is for humans with Acne Scars
Please note this natural remedy is for:
- An adult weighing 150 lbs (68kg) - for other weights divide as appropriate (e.g. for a 75lbs child use half the amount of this remedy).
- A person eating a healthy diet and taking regular exercise (alternative remedies are not miracle workers!)
How long will it take for Aloe Vera to work with Acne Scars?
This is a slow process and it may take up to six months before you notice a difference start to occur.
Note that a good quality Aloe Vera product will penetrate the skin and push out which may make the skin look worse before it looks better.
Many people also use Aloe Vera after dermabrasion (when the scars are surgically removed with high speed micro brushes or lasers). This is especially effective as Aloe Vera is anti-inflammatory (and the skin can be extremely inflammed after such procedures) and it also speeds up the rate at which skin cells divide, thus quickening the rate at which the new skin grows and heals during the post operation period.
Aloe Vera Brands
People with Acne Scars have told us they used the following brands of Aloe Vera and experienced benefits:
See the full results of our survey on Aloe Vera brands and Acne Scars.