- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner...
- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner. Self Diagnosis can be extremely dangerous as many serious conditions can mimic more simple ones. If you are not satisfied with the results from one doctor, be confident and ask for a second opinion. Doctors are only human, their knowledge cannot be all-encompassing and we all make mistakes.
- Make sure you have read the pages on Aloe Vera side effects, who can use Aloe Vera and good quality Aloe Vera first.
- If you are currently on medication or undergoing medical treatment consult your doctor first.
Natural Alternative Remedy for Acne
The following information is for humans with Acne
Please note this natural remedy is for:
- An adult weighing 150 lbs (68kg) - for other weights divide as appropriate (e.g. for a 75lbs child use half the amount of this remedy).
- A person eating a healthy diet and taking regular exercise (alternative remedies are not miracle workers!)
What to take
We are not paid by the manufacturers below for recommending their products. The regime and recommended brands are based on past experience.
Daily use: Start on one tablespoon twice a day before meals and work up to 125 ml (4 fluid ounces) twice a day over a 2 week period and then continue on this level.
Why: Works from underneath the skin reducing inflammation. Also clears the digestive tract improving the body's ability to absorb vitamins and minerals needed for balancing its own immune system.
Daily use: Wash the affected areas twice a day with clean water and this soap
Why: Anti-inflammatory but also antibacterial to ensure no secondary infections occur which could slow the healing process.
Daily use: Apply the gelly to the affected areas of the skin several times a day.
Why: Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. Works as a natural antibiotic on the skins surface.
Daily use: 6 tablets per day, 2 before each meal
Why: Natural antibiotic, kills damaging bacteria and rapidly strengthens the immune system.
How long will it take for Aloe Vera to work with Acne?
This will depend but remember that Aloe Vera does not 'cure' acne, it is only treating the symptoms. As such it should be used for as long as the person has acne.
Aloe Vera Brands
People with Acne have told us they used the following brands of Aloe Vera and experienced benefits:
See the full results of our survey on Aloe Vera brands and Acne.
Articles and Studies about Aloe Vera and Acne
Aloe Vera: A systematic review of its clinical effectivenessPublication: British Journal of General Practice. 1999. 49, pp 823-828.
Author: Vogler B.K.; Ernst, E.
One nonrandomised, unblinded study assessed wound healing with polyethylene oxide wound gel or polyethylene oxide wound gel saturated with aloe vera in 17 patients with acne vulgaris. Half-face treatments were carried out so that each patient received both treatments. By day 5, 90% of wounds were healed (complete re-epithelialisation) with aloe vera compared with 40-50% without aloe vera. Wound healing was 72 hours faster with aloe vera.