- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner...
- These pages are intended for sufferers who have had their ailment professionally diagnosed by a qualified medical practitioner. Self Diagnosis can be extremely dangerous as many serious conditions can mimic more simple ones. If you are not satisfied with the results from one doctor, be confident and ask for a second opinion. Doctors are only human, their knowledge cannot be all-encompassing and we all make mistakes.
- Make sure you have read the pages on Aloe Vera side effects, who can use Aloe Vera and good quality Aloe Vera first.
- If you are currently on medication or undergoing medical treatment consult your doctor first.
Natural Alternative Remedy for Ulcers of the Skin
The following information is for humans with Ulcers of the Skin
Please note this natural remedy is for:
- An adult weighing 150 lbs (68kg) - for other weights divide as appropriate (e.g. for a 75lbs child use half the amount of this remedy).
- A person eating a healthy diet and taking regular exercise (alternative remedies are not miracle workers!)
What to take
We are not paid by the manufacturers below for recommending their products. The regime and recommended brands are based on past experience.
Daily use: Start on one tablespoon twice a day before meals and work up to 125 ml (4 fluid ounces) twice a day over a 2 week period and then continue on this level.
Why: Works from underneath the skin reducing inflammation. Also clears the digestive tract improving the body's ability to absorb vitamins and minerals needed for balancing its own immune system.
Daily use: Apply this very, very pure form of Aloe Vera to the open wound by pouring it over the damaged skin tissues.
Why: This is highly anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial (to fight off secondary infections which can slow down healing). Aloe Vera also accelerates the healing process by speeding up the rate at which cells divide. If using a bandage soak the material in Activator or Gel (Above).
Daily use: 3-6 tablets per day, 1 or 2 before each meal
Why: Natural antibiotic, kills damaging bacteria and rapidly strengthens the immune system.
Daily use: 3 capsules daily, 1 before each meal
Why: A powerful anti-oxidant, helps resist infections and aids in repairing and maintaining body tissue.
Daily use: 3 capsules a day, 1 before each meal
Why: Rich in Alfalfa which has a high alkaline and fiber content. Neutralizes acidity.
How long will it take for Aloe Vera to work with Ulcers of the Skin?
Aloe Vera is a detoxifier and will first flush any toxins out of the body by the easiest route. Heavy weeping can be expected and is not out of the ordinary. Recovery time will depend on how long the sufferer has had the ulcer but as a very general rule of thumb allow one month for every year the ulcer has been there.
Articles and Studies about Aloe Vera and Ulcers of the Skin
Use of Aloe in treating leg ulcers and dermatosesPublication: International Journal of Dermatology. 1973. 12 pp. 68-73.
Author: El Zawahry, M.; Hegarty, M.R.; Helal, M.