How much Aloe Vera should I drink?This is a simple question with a complex answer and will depend on the following factors:
- What type of Aloe Vera you are drinking
- Your current diet
- Your general state of health
- Why you are taking Aloe Vera
Why so complicated?Many people confuse Aloe Vera with prescription or over-the-counter drugs but there is an important difference:
- Prescription / over-the-counter drugs are designed to carry out a specific chemical process in your body. Pain killers, for example, have been made to block the messages your body sends to the brain about the affected area.
- Aloe Vera is a natural plant gel that cleanses the body, provides a host of nutrients and has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.It has not been 'designed' in laboratories to do anything specific.
We'll cover what that means to you here ...
What type of Aloe Vera you are drinking
There are many different Aloe Vera drinks on the market, some are excellent and some contain so little Aloe, or Aloe that has not been properly preserved, that they will be of no effect.For the text below we are describing Aloe Vera as discussed on the page Good Quality Aloe Vera
Your current diet
Aloe Vera works to boost your bodies own system. It clears out the digestive tract so your body can absorb more nutrients from your food as well as that from Aloe Vera. This action alone is often enough to boost the immune system and rectify a large number of ailments without the need for drugs. But if your diet is low in fruit and vegetables Aloe Vera will not perform miracles because there are limited nutrients from your diet that your body can absorb to help itself.
Your general state of health
While some people see the affects of Aloe Vera within a few days, sometimes hours, others may have to be far more patient. If, for example, you are taking Aloe Vera to help with arthritis but your digestive tract is blocked up with toxins it may take weeks for you to feel the affects on your stiff joints. This is because Aloe clears the digestion first, without this it cannot be absorbed and get to work on the inflammation.